Pace RC405 update

Chugnuts

Dirt Disciple
Spent a few quid updating my ride :D

I'm really happy with the outcome. This bike rides like a dream. It has to be the best bike I've owned thus far. I'm a real fan of this Pace frame. The guys at Pace really did a fantastic job on the design. It's really a surprise that there are so few around whenever I go for a ride...

Attachments

• IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 571
  • IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    249.5 KB · Views: 571
Nice, very nice kit on it too :cool: I've seen a few around on my travels to the various MTB centres in Wales, the last one I saw was a blue one in Brechfa

Only one problem for me, it's not square :)

1210tech":3h1kebqi said:
Nice, very nice kit on it too :cool: I've seen a few around on my travels to the various MTB centres in Wales, the last one I saw was a blue one in Brechfa

Only one problem for me, it's not square :)

Thanks mate :D

I'm a bit of a weird cyclist. I'm not your normal *MTB* kinda guy. I like to cycle off down the lesser trodden path, "away from the maddening crowd" as Criss Yates once aptly scribed it. Theres nothing quite like finding a spot to watch the world go by...

I often have to lift my bike over fences, gates and what-not when I'm out and about for a spin, so I've had to get it as light as possible. It was well over 30lbwhen I first got it, which made it a bit of a dog to hump around. It weighs similar to a mates hard tail Hinde now, which I'm pleased about.

I don't think I could go back to a hard tail now. My old Kona Lava Dome did me well for the 20 years that I had it, but this bike is in a different league. I can ride over anything without being rattled to pieces!... which is nice.

Only reason I haven't got one of these yet is because I'm waiting to see that the 25th anniversary brings.....

dbmtb":17t3zudk said:
Only reason I haven't got one of these yet is because I'm waiting to see that the 25th anniversary brings.....

d'ya think its gonna happen then, a square tubed anniversary Pace?
If it does I hope they don't make them too exclusive and release a decent number for foke to get their hands on

I didn't realise their 25th anniversary was coming up soon :D

I wonder if they'll bring out a carbon RC405... that would something worth waiting for... *rubs hands*

Chugnuts":11b2qmet said:
I didn't realise their 25th anniversary was coming up soon :D

I wonder if they'll bring out a carbon RC405... that would something worth waiting for... *rubs hands*

Nah, that would just be inevitable progression. A 25th anniversary square tuber would be an important statement model. Yet another plastic fantastic would be yet another drop in the ocean. As nice as the 405 undoubtedly is, it isn't as immediately stand out-ish as the old square tubers were.

Back