Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:51 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:57 pm 
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm
Posts: 4144
Location: RetroModding™ since 1988
Some pics I forgot to add

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:54 pm 
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm
Posts: 4144
Location: RetroModding™ since 1988
A couple of upgrades have just been fitted...

A Syntace F119 75mm stem now replaces the Syntace F149 100mm stem

A X-Fusion HiLo remote dropper seatpost replaces the Syntace P6 seatpost

Both have blue bits on them to match the bike

Weight is now up slightly due to the seatpost, but still pretty damn light @ 12kg/26.45lb

Now to find some nice carbon bars ~700mm wide, Syntace Vector's would be nice but they are a tad pricey

No pics for now, but I'll get some later


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:49 pm 
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm
Posts: 4144
Location: RetroModding™ since 1988
Syntace Carbon Vector bars found & Fitted

Weight now back to just under 12kg to 11.9kg/26.24lbs

Couple of quick pics

Image
sting post by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Image
sting front by Andy Bax, on Flickr

Update spec list

HPC Monocoque DTC Advanced Twin Mold Technology
Carbon blue print
Rock Shox Reba RLT U-turn 90-120mm, Motion Control & PopLoc
Fox Float RP23 190mm length
FSA Orbit I-T-R integrated headset
Syntace F119 70mm Oversize Clamp Stem
Syntace Vector 31.8 Carbon bar (680mm wide, 10mm rise, 12° sweep)
Lizard Skinz Logo Lock On Grips
Shimano Deore XT RD-M773 Shadow 10-speed Rear Mech
Shimano SLX FD-M661-10, Top Swing, 34.9mm 10-speed Front Mech
Shimano XT M770-10 Rapidfire-Plus Shifters
Formula R1 hydr. discbrake (180/180mm)
Shimano SLX FC-M660-10 Hollowtech II 42x32x24T., 175mm
Shimano Press-Fit BB 10-speed
Shimano CS-HG81 11-36T, 10-speed Cassette
Shimano CN-HG74 10-speed Chain (or KMC X10L as I rotate these 2 chains on this bike)
DT Swiss CPW1280 Carbon wheelset
Schwalbe Rocket Ron Kevlar Triple Compound 2.25
X Fusion HiLo Remote dropper post
Syntace Superlock 35.0mm seatpost clamp
Neoprene Chainstay protector
XT SPD pedals
Cube Muddyguard Shock Protector
Carbon Headset Spacers
Weight: 11.9kg/26.24lbs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:07 am 
Dirt Disciple

Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10
Location: hertford,herts
oooh get you :)
i got my new bike built too


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:09 am 
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC
Classified Mod / Lincs, East and South Yorks AEC
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:45 pm
Posts: 6008
Location: East Yorkshire
Looking better than ever Andy :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:58 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:02 pm
Posts: 564
Location: North East Lincolnshire
Looking very nice Andy. Loving those bars, am thinking of getting a 2nd set of bars for the reaction for trail riding......not even picked it up yet and am already thinking of swapping parts about :roll: :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:12 pm 
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm
Posts: 4144
Location: RetroModding™ since 1988
Minty Sauce wrote:
Looking very nice Andy. Loving those bars, am thinking of getting a 2nd set of bars for the reaction for trail riding......not even picked it up yet and am already thinking of swapping parts about :roll: :oops:
They are quite tasty bars, mind you they are expensive when brand new, mine are 2nd hand

I still have the original low rise (10mm) 700mm (710?) wide Alloy Vector bars that came on the Sting...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:28 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 1:02 pm
Posts: 564
Location: North East Lincolnshire
Andy B wrote:
Minty Sauce wrote:
Looking very nice Andy. Loving those bars, am thinking of getting a 2nd set of bars for the reaction for trail riding......not even picked it up yet and am already thinking of swapping parts about :roll: :oops:
They are quite tasty bars, mind you they are expensive when brand new, mine are 2nd hand

I still have the original low rise (10mm) 700mm (710?) wide Alloy Vector bars that came on the Sting...


Hmmm, seems there could be a deal to be done...... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:29 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:36 pm
Posts: 16744
Location: Yorkshire, England
Needs something retro on it Andy

Can we have a picture of you on it :P

:wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:48 pm 
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
Moderator /Lincs, E & S Yorks Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:16 pm
Posts: 4144
Location: RetroModding™ since 1988
Minty Sauce wrote:
Andy B wrote:
Minty Sauce wrote:
Looking very nice Andy. Loving those bars, am thinking of getting a 2nd set of bars for the reaction for trail riding......not even picked it up yet and am already thinking of swapping parts about :roll: :oops:
They are quite tasty bars, mind you they are expensive when brand new, mine are 2nd hand

I still have the original low rise (10mm) 700mm (710?) wide Alloy Vector bars that came on the Sting...
Hmmm, seems there could be a deal to be done...... :lol:
Possibly, I need to ride the bike with the new bars to see if they are right, if they are then the alloy Vectors may well be up for grabs ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kaiser and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group