Spooky Motorhead frame 1999 £185 posted

chodjinn

Retro Guru
Really need to sell this in the next week or so, and would rather not ebay it. Spooky Motorhead frame, Risse Jupiter 5 shock, 6-8" travel, amazing welding, gussets all over, cable guides etc. Hand made by the famous Frank the Welder! Good condition, few chips here and there but nothing major. Comes with post/clamp and Hayes rear brake. Hope Enduro headset also included but could do with replaced (bearings and top cap). £185 posted.

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg
[/img]

Dang thats cool :cool:

Where does the engine go? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Only jesting. ;)

Looks indestructible.

Don't have a metal head hiding away for sale do you?

Nope sorry lol, wish I did tho.

I believe this is the only Motorhead in the UK, the only one I've ever seen anyway. Spooky only made a very small number of these back in the day, and even then I think they were over £2k each :shock:

Amazing frame, only selling as I need the money for a holiday :oops:

Does it take 26 " rear wheel? chainstays look very short..
also can you measure the frame size ?

apart from the bearings is the shock ok or need service?

cheers

mark

The frame easily takes 24" or 26" wheels. I have ran a 24" with 2.6" tyre and a 26" with a 2.35" tyre on it without any clearance issues.

Can emasure the frame tonight, but it's roughly a 'medium' (as in, it's not tiny, and it's not massive. I'm 6'2" and it rode fine, the previous owner was a good few inches shorter than me). Depends how you build it up.

Bearings are fine, and shock was serviced by the previous owner las summer. I've had it since about february this year, and I've been out on it 4 times so it's not seen much use. The rear brake was also serviced by the previous owner before I bought it (last summer) and works great.

lol. Just found off Goolge that the Spooky has a 'FTW Linkage', a sort of pseudo 4-bar linkage; the modern version is the Sinister R9 for comparison.

think the travel is 220mm as well.

Back