John Samways 1992 Formula One

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I am just testing the water with this one to see how much interest it gets.

For sale is this lovely Formula One bike. Its John Samways training bike, fully restored by me. Grab your chance to own a piece of UK MTB history.

List of components:

F1 carbon frame and carbon rigid forks.
Madura Hydrostop Brakes
Cooks cranks with new XT SG chainrings
Magic 305 headset,
Mavic bottom bracket.
XT thumbshifters
XT rear mech
XT front mech
Kinsberry seatpost
Salsa stem
3ttt Salsa handlebar
Flite saddle
XT pedals
SRP Ti seat binder
Hope Ti wheels with Campag Sentho rims
IRD Freewheel

I replaced all the shifters, mechs, saddle, freewheel, seat binder, headset, grips, toe clips and cables. I have reconditioned the cranks, pedals, seat post and maguras (rear one still needs bleeding). The Maguras have new pads also.

I want to keep the tyres but a deal could be done on those if they buyer wants them.

Not much more to say really. All structurally sound. There is a tiny hole in the seam at the bottom of the BB. I have been talking to the guy who made them and he assures me that its probably been there since it was made as the two sides were not completely identical. It doesn't effect the frame at all I just wanted to point it out.

I'm asking for £1100 (PP gift or bank transfer) for it without the tyres and without shipping. I have spent a lot more on it...

Pick up would be my preference because of the frame but that can be worked on too.

Any other question let me know.

Build thread here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=246799&hilit=formula=

Some images below. It looks a lot nicer as its all been polished and some new decals added:

Re: Re:

24pouces":fpfeevom said:
So cool :cool:
Geometry ? :D
Medium :LOL:

I will check sizes tomorrow and update the thread.

I am 5'10'' and its fine. Would suit somebody smaller too – if they really wanted to ride it :D

Back