91 Saracen TuffTrax project 18" £30 Manchester 95% complete

thefunkymunki

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have abandoned my 1991 Tuff Trax project. The plan was to single speed it using the horizontal dropouts. I managed to get my hands on a cheap ss road bike so this is no longer needed.

Just needs a rear cassette, chain, grips and gear cables.

I sold the original saddle stem and bars to someone on here so I have chucked a few bits on out of the parts box- Bontrager stem and bars a quill to ahead converter and an old saddle.

Exage brakes, 500LX front and rear mech. Right hand shifter needs looking at as it seems sized.

Frame and forks will clean up nicely. No dents etc. Nice internal top tube cable routing.

£30 collected from South Manchester. everything in the pics are included.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 715
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 715
Re:

I believe that they are mate. It seemed 100% stock when I got it a few months back, but not being the original owner I can't say with complete confidence

Re:

Both hubs seem smooth enough, slight wobble both front and rear after a few spins. Nothing alarming or scary though. I haven't ever rode this since I have had it, but as far as I can see in all honesty it all seems not too bad

Y'know what, I'll have it. Got some white grips, MT62 thumbies and cassette in stock that I can use instead of selling them. I'm sure I can sort cables and chain. PM'd.

Back