1995/6 18" Ball Burnished GT RTS-1

mdju93

Retro Newbie
1995/6 18" Ball Burnished GT RTS-1, Serial No 5G028479
(Edited model year as even though it was bought it 96 I think it may be a 95)

I'm (actually my dad) the original owner and the bike was bought from Broadribbs Cycle Centre, Leamington Spa.

Generally good condition but please note the following -

The fork has about an inch or so of free movement up and down which I believe is due to the elastomer stacks disintegrating however I haven’t had them apart so can’t be certain. They’ll definitely need some work.
The saddle has a slight chunk missing from the front section
The frame finish has gone a bit dull/weird/spotty in places but suspect it would polish up fine.
Some of the stickers are slightly chafed.
one of the plastic toe-clips is split.

Apart from the stem, bars, grips and cables this bike is in its original form. Sat in a garage for years with not a lot of use - checked the chain and not yet registering 0.5% wear.

Recently re-cabled with Shimano M-system brake cables and SP51 gear cables.

£225

pick-up only, midlands based.

Attachments

• IMG_0809.2.jpg
    IMG_0809.2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 801
  • IMG_0804.2.jpg
    IMG_0804.2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 800
  • IMG_0806.2.jpg
    IMG_0806.2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 797
  • IMG_0808.2.jpg
    IMG_0808.2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 796
  • IMG_0812.JPG
    IMG_0812.JPG
    976.5 KB · Views: 796
  • IMG_0827.JPG
    IMG_0827.JPG
    925.1 KB · Views: 796
  • IMG_0829.JPG
    IMG_0829.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 798
  • IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 802
Re: 1996 18" Ball Burnished GT RTS-1

Hmmm, are you still around the Leamington area? Really shouldn't buy another bike but I could come and have a look!

Re: 1996 18" Ball Burnished GT RTS-1

Kevhl":31f77jif said:
Hmmm, are you still around the Leamington area? Really shouldn't buy another bike but I could come and have a look!

Hi,

Yes, i'm in Stratford.

Re:

That's a great looking RTS, if I had the spare cash I would be on my way to you.

Out of interest, do you know why the forks are Judy SL yellow, but have Judy XC decals on?

Re: Re:

1552":3pgz83bm said:
That's a great looking RTS, if I had the spare cash I would be on my way to you.

Out of interest, do you know why the forks are Judy SL yellow, but have Judy XC decals on?

Hi,

Thanks for the complement.

Not sure about the forks. Nothings been changed so maybe they put the wrong decals on them at the factory? I'll have look online and see if I can find anything.

Cheers.

Re:

They put the wrong decals on the frame. RTS-1. Should have a flat top tube cap and a date coded serial like a zaskar.

Frame should also be 6061 alloy, not 7000 series.

That said, nice bike. If I didn't have 2 already I'd be tempted.

Minifreak":2kyy0auq said:
Absolute bargain, how is this still here?!

Wish you’d post ;)

Posting just seems like hassle - getting the right box, figuring out the packaging so the bike doesn't get damaged in transit, PayPal fees etc...

BUT, if I can't sell by local pick-up, then maybe I'll have to consider?

mdju93":1eyijck8 said:
Minifreak":1eyijck8 said:
Absolute bargain, how is this still here?!

Wish you’d post ;)

Posting just seems like hassle - getting the right box, figuring out the packaging so the bike doesn't get damaged in transit, PayPal fees etc...

BUT, if I can't sell by local pick-up, then maybe I'll have to consider?

Bike box from any bike shop free, take the wheels off and pedals off, remove the stem, undo the rear mech and wrap bubble wrap around certain point to stop rubbing in the box.

Paisley freight collect from you at home or work, don’t require postal labels and costs about £25.

Sorted ;)

Back