Super Burner Custom update: so people know what she is...

mikeyboyo

Old School Hero
Hi everyone, how are you all doing? I recently ordered some Raleigh Burner "Custom" decals from ebay for my 1984 Custom Super Burner, today I fitted them and I don't think they look too bad considering it was my first time applying decals. I am pleased overall with these decals though one of the "Burner" decals did not separate from the backing paper nicely, so I shall have to buy another set :/ but all in all I think they give the bike a nice look :)

All that remains now apart from the decal problem is to sort the seatpost, cranks and headset.

The seatpost has never moved up and down, indeed it is above the safety line, and there is no bolt in the clamp, it's not going anywhere, what can I do about this? I am considering replacing it with a nice braced layback when I do get it out.

There is far too much play from side to side in the cranks and it does not seem to want to be tightened any further, any advice on this or can anyone suggest a good replacement crank set and chainwheel?

The headset is in dire need of a rechrome and also has too much play, I noticed a headset that looks the same on Alansbmx (priced at around £12, if this is the same headset, what am I best to do, rechrome my original or buy a new one?

Thanks guys
Mikey

Back