Orange Dynamo/ Roadie - a bit of an update

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Right, bought this, aware of its history and would like to build it up with what I have:

IMG_0026.jpg

heres a complete list of what I have available:

• RSX DP callipers

Campagnolo Mirage rear/ Veloce braze-on mechs

Campagnolo Veloce chainset

Exage brake levers

Various Shimano DT levers

Early Campagnolo Nuovo Record style friction levers

Exage Sport rear mech

Bontrager front wheel

Alex rim rear wheel

Campagnolo Record wide flange hubs on Mavic grey, eyletted rims, 8 spd screw on cassette, minus tubs

Campagnolo Mirage 9spd hubs with black spokes on Rigida rims minus cassette

Shimano or Campagnolo?

whaddaya reckon?

I like Campag but for some reason I look at that and think Shimano. I think it has a techy kinda look which I associate more with Shimano than Campag.

Personally if I went Shimano I'd go for Dura Ace 7400 but Suntour Superbe Pro or Sachs New Success would suit and be a bit different, as well as challenging to collate the parts.

Obviously none of these parts are on your list or in my possession to sell to you but hey that my humble opinion ;) :D

Could there be anything more European than an Orange made in Columbus tubing? Without wishing to sound like a xenophobe, it's got to be Campagnolo or perhaps Mavic.

Right. Been through my 'stuff' and have had these thoughts:

I think the large flange hubs rebuilt onto normal sliver rims (I cant afford new tubs) would look quite special. I just need to make sure rims match the hole count.

Veloce/ Mirage mechs and chainset - all good

Brakes - poo, only got those RSX dual pivots or some single pivot Exage. Am looking at alternatives on the bay but would like some Campagnolo sometime in the future. S/H Campagnolo anything seems to be sky high at the moment.

I also need some downtube shifters - I have some DA 7400 around here somewhere, again will wait for something non Shimano if I can.

Back