Raleigh Quadra

Marbo

Devout Dirtbag
I've just bought a Raleigh Quadra frame. Tbh probably overpaid a little, but while be got it I'm going to make the most of it.

Was thinking of stripping it to bare metal and giving it a facelift. How does that sound?
Change white to pearlescent and the ref, yellow and blue to quite a shiny metallic.
Then fitting it with a period 600 groupset

j9sj92.jpg

Personally I think that would look great, a nice twist on the original.

If you need some one to paint it have a chat to Mark at MRCreations over on face book he would be able to also paint the words on to match.

As much as I would like to send it off for paint and sign writing, I'm not sure it's worth spending that kind of money on it.
I's only to use while I try to raise funds for a Panasonic frame set. The 600 and other parts will come from my Raleigh Panasonic replica, then that frame can be sold along with my Bianchi.

I will be using aerosols. I used to be a sprayer so I can get as good a finish as poss from cans.

Marbo":1bj7gb8q said:
As much as I would like to send it off for paint and sign writing, I'm not sure it's worth spending that kind of money on it.
I's only to use while I try to raise funds for a Panasonic frame set. The 600 and other parts will come from my Raleigh Panasonic replica, then that frame can be sold along with my Bianchi.

I will be using aerosols. I used to be a sprayer so I can get as good a finish as poss from cans.

Which Panasonic frame are you after and which replica frame set do you have at the moment ?

The one I have at the moment is an 84 grand course frame.
What I would really like is a pr-6000. But as that's highly unlikely due to rarity, I'm looking at the brand new ones from the Panasonic POS.

Marbo":3kouh2xn said:
The one I have at the moment is an 84 grand course frame.
What I would really like is a pr-6000. But as that's highly unlikely due to rarity, I'm looking at the brand new ones from the Panasonic POS.

Depending on size, I may know some one who would be interested in the 84 Panasonic frame you have.

Maca":3lljs3a9 said:
Depending on size, I may know some one who would be interested in the 84 Panasonic frame you have.

Cool I'll send the details when I get chance. However it may be a while before I'm ready to sell. I need some decent weather to get the Quadra frame sorted.

The paint doesn't look too bad on the Quadra, on my tablet.

Personally, I'd either leave it as it is (they're only original once or so the saying goes) or find another really tatty frame, to get creative with, and sell on the Quadra frameset.

Up to yourself, of course...

trail-blazer":1zs0p0bg said:
The paint doesn't look too bad on the Quadra, on my tablet.

Personally, I'd either leave it as it is (they're only original once or so the saying goes) or find another really tatty frame, to get creative with, and sell on the Quadra frameset.

Up to yourself, of course...

The photo flatters it quite a bit. It had been previously repainted by Bob Jackson. There are lots of chips and under the bb housing there is huge patch of rust.

Back