Please Help ID Unknown Aussie Tourer

Thanks for the link! Just was I was looking for as there is a whole new library of builders over here.

Much appreciated

Sully

A couple of extra pointers for you to check :-
seat post size - stem diameter (where it slots in the fork) - BB width - BB & forks head threads

Once the forks are out maybe the manufacturer name is stamped on the fork stem ?
Also look down inside where the badge was & see if you can pick out any rivet holes which have been filled in, & that may tell you if it had a two or three rivet pattern, maybe vertical or horizontal, all these above can help.

One Eyed Jim - Japanese....that's what I was hoping to hear! Not sure it's Centurion but I kept thinking it was Japanese and the serial beginning M (suggesting the Merida factory as well perhaps?) seemed to support this. I was given some conflicting advice here though so went chasing red herrings. I was looking through Fuji catalogues but no model match yet and on a steep learning curve as usual. Thanks so much for your help (not the first time) and let me know if you see anything down under that catches your eye......apart from the Sheila's. They scare me. As do the sharks, snakes, crocs, stingers, drop bears, trouser snakes etc.

Steelframeman - thanks for the help. Stem diameter is at least 26.6, most likely Reynolds at 26.8 or even possibly Columbus at 27.2 (probably pushing it). Any markings on the seat post have rubbed away and I had to quickly borrow an lbs dodgy caliper but will update when I confirm. The post is quite loose so suspect it's not original anyway. As for the rest of the usual clues I am stalling on stripping it down yet but will certainly report back when I know more.

Re:

Great tips there BigBlock. Thanks

Spiders? Agreed, I am certainly wary but not necessarily scared as I can usually hear them coming. The fact they are about 4 feet across, wear a lot of studded leather and heavy boots makes them pretty easy to spot as well.

Back