Need assistance ID'ing tool required.

dg01

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

I have a rear wheel with what I believe is a seven speed screw on freewheel asp er the attached photo.

Can someone advise please the tool required to remove this?

I tried a Shimano cassette lockring tool but think I might need the freewheel remover type tool.

Many thanks,
D.

Attachments

• IMG_1160.JPG
    IMG_1160.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 769
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Midlife":2xot03m2 said:
However, some freewheels are stuck on pretty solid and maybe the Park one is money well spent. :)

Shaun

Ah well, pushed the button now - not the end of the world @ £2.99 anyhow

My worn shimano cassette remover also now fits the freewheels but you'll need a big vice. Chain whips wont work.

Re: Re:

dg01":iv1e4hhg said:
I don't think I should need a vice or chain whip. The freewheel screws onto the hub
The best/easiest way to remove a freewheel is to clamp the splined tool in a vice, slip the wheel on to it and use the wheel itself for leverage to loosen the freewheel. You'll struggle with just a big spanner.

Re:

Assuming that you put the tool in the top of the vice gravity also keeps the wheel and tool together. Even with freewheels that I know haven't been there for years I do this. It's easier and more convient.

Back