C Record vs DA 7400 Headset

rusty bodie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
can anyone tell me what the stack heights are of these two headsets, please? i have a Da7400 on my TvT and was thinking about fitting a C record instead, but am unsure if the fork column will take it.

:?

thanks!

Quick initial google gives Campag 38.5 and DA 37.6.

Seems a lot of variation between sites though........ I wonder if anybody has the genuine catalogues to hand?

Shaun

C- Record 1982-89 is 41.4
Record 1990 with seal is 41.4
Dura ace 7400 is 36.7
Dura ace 7410 is 37.6

So unless they have fitted extra spacers to the DA when they originally fitted it a C-Record won't fit (not enough fork length)

Re:

I did exactly the same with my TVT92 . No problems with the C Record headset however got abit nervous getting the old 7400 headset out as it was tight and worried it was going to weaken the bond in the lugs . In the end nothing to worry about :LOL:

Re:

thanks for all the information, chaps :cool:

i have decided to mix the two groups, which is something i would have strongly resisted as a kid! i can't see past the corsa record headset, seatpost and brakes. the dura ace gears are bullet proof reliable.

i love the c record group but the gear system was unreliable at best. all that chattering, slipping etc . . i'm not going back to "that top tube feeling" when i'm up out of the saddle ever again!!

:shock:

Back