New 27 inch wheels

Donie75

Retro Newbie
Looking for new wheels for a Legnano restoration. Want to stay 27 inch to keep costs down as I have tan wall tyres and new brakes bought.
Anyone got any experience with these eBay wheels, Quando hubs on Weinmann rims.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231634583173&globalID=EBAY-IE

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

The rims are ok for the price . Poor bearing cones in the hubs . I have a rear one for emergency only use .

As with all things you get what you pay for .

I would have a look round for some old Normandy hubs or Miche > Both good valve for money imho.
You can still find NOS .
Are you running a screw on block.
Keep your eye on the bay .

I have a few of these wheels. Rims fine as you say, the hubs need a bit of fettling to get the best out of them, but had no major problems with them.

I have a pair of those on her bike. No complaints, they're pretty much bulletproof. I haven't had to adjust them at all.

It's a modern satin-finish on the rim though. If you look up eBay seller Mat Templeton who also trades as singlespeedcomponents, he does some with a more classic looking polished rim.

P7252891_zpsq7b7owwv.jpg

Back