Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hi retro road folk ;)

I was just pondering this make of bike frame.
Sponsored both Seur and Once in the early '90s. Does anyone know the history, or even own one maybe?

Mike

I don't have one, but occasionally see some about down here. I sold a very nice one on the forum a couple of years back, I was told it was an ex-team frame - the colour and all the details fitted, but I didn't have any actual proof that it was. Very nicely made frames. Are you thinking of your next project Mike?

copy and paste from my sale thread below!

Otero "Pentax" frame and fork. When I bought this one, the guy I got it from said that he had bought it from a relative who had originally bought it from the SEUR pro team at the end of 1990 or 1991... how true this is, I have no way of knowing, but the SEUR team did indeed use Otero frames, including the pentax model, and in this colour scheme (they also used them in red). I bought it in a town down the road, where there's a large bike shop run by an ex-pro who was with the SEUR team way back when... (Juan Sanchis, who's daughter is Anna Sanchis, pro with Bizkaia-Durango-Champion System, and is on the spanish national team) And the frame does have a number tag under the TT... So I have no proof, but what I know doesn't exactly exclude this from being an ex-pro frame, not that it probably matters!
There's no tubing sticker, but the Pentax was only made in columbus SL and SLX, as far as I know.
ST (measured in a straight line from BB to seat lug) is 57cm C-C (58.5cm C-T), TT is 57cm C-C, HT is 15cm.
Takes a 26.6mm seatpost. Headset and BB are both italian threaded. Campagnolo Record headset and unknown campag BB included. The headset is reasonably smooth, but the bottom cup and crown race are slightly notched. The BB is smooth, but the fixed cup is seized in place (the bearing surfaces are still very smooth on it though, so if using a cup and cone campag BB then it shouldn't pose a problem, it could always be cut out if really needed). I have some dropout adjuster screws for this one too.
Both frame and fork are fully chromed, but the chrome is in pretty decent shape. The paint has quite a few small marks and is flaking in places, but I can't find any dents anywhere and the frame is sound.

DSCN9959.jpg

DSCN9967.jpg

DSCN9960.jpg

DSCN9968.jpg

Re:

Hmmmm, not quite the response I was expecting! :LOL:

I really, really can't mate. Yes, I know it's my size, but I can't. I do like it though :cool:
I was just curious about the make, country of origin, etc. I'm guessing Spain, along with the Razesa that Mrs Foz has. Also ridden by Banesto IIRC

Mike

you can't have this one anyway Mike, I sold it a long time ago! :)

Can't help with more info really - they're spanish, decent frames, that's about all I know! I can definitely assure you that Mrs Foz's ex-Razesa was NOT ridden by Banesto BITD, although they did ride Razesa steel frames and then TVT frames rebadged as Razesa for one year :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back