Ride London Surrey 2015 Questions

VanhireBoys

Dirt Disciple
Howya Lads
Got an entry to this event on the 2nd August ... I am taking my 1983 Vitus 979. I have a few wee questions for you all

I am needing new tubulars .. She is on Vittoria Rallys which serve her well - I could go the same again but if the roads are rough I wont bother... I was thinking of Vittoria Corsa CS in amber sidewalls.. Anybody any experience of these ...?

I am going to try and make a visit to Vintage Bike Cave if I can.. Im staying in Salford and its about 9 miles -thinking of riding it - are the roads clean or will I just bus it ?

Any other members from the site partaking in the event ? Im up for a classic/vintage meetup if other of you lads are going ?

Cant wait - and Im not even fit for this but Im giving it a go...!

Thanks in advance !!

If you don't mind blackwalls, then Tufo S33 tubulars feel pretty tough. They don't have a tube as such, because it's all bonded together as one - it means you can fix punctures with a small can of instant puncture repair like you do with a car tyre.

I have an entry as long as my knee holds up. No bike to do it on just yet but plenty of parts in the shed :) novice roadie visiting from the dark side :)

Back