Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Hi folks , ;)

I found a couple of Cateye Mity 3 computers in the spares box, ace! So I thought I'd put them on. Unfortunately, I don't have the instructions to go with them :roll: So I can't remember how to calibrate them . I'm running 700 x 23mm tyres. Something in the back of my mind is telling me 210, but I can't be sure.
Could someone confirm this, or is it just a case of measuring a wheel revolution and putting that in?

Thanks,

Mike

Re:

Great! Thanks for that ;)
Must be the shortest thread here! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Re:

Cheers Hamster

Clicking on the link suggests it's 210for a 23mm tyre.
Starting to realize why I didn't bother before. Am I REALLY going that slowly! :oops:

Mike

Do you get a certain amount of time putting a new battery in before re calibrating?
Also.. I still use a good old fashioned Cateye :)
Would it keep your mileage too for certain amount of time?

I put bit of tape down, do a complete revolution and then put a bit of tape down, measure the distance and put it in.

It's as accurate as a phone app.

Kona-Ian":2s1zzkcz said:
Do you get a certain amount of time putting a new battery in before re calibrating?
Also.. I still use a good old fashioned Cateye :)
Would it keep your mileage too for certain amount of time?

I put bit of tape down, do a complete revolution and then put a bit of tape down, measure the distance and put it in.

It's as accurate as a phone app.

Hi Ian,

You have as much time as you need to calibrate the computer.
As for mileage, there's three to choose from.
Odometer; Overall mileage. This will accumulate as you ride, until you take the battery out.

Distance 1; When you zero it for a single ride

Distance 2; Adds up rides until you zero that.
i.e. if you want to record your mileage for a week, zero this one at the start of the week.

Then you can go back to Distance 1, if you want to monitor each ride at the end of it.

Press r/h button again at the end of the week and it will display that week's overall mileage.

Press again for odometer

Hope that's not too confusing

Mike

Back