Carlton identification with big clue -25, Barmby Ave, York.

Manny

Dirt Disciple
This is my latest acquisition for restoration and, once again, I could do with some help identifying the model of bike and year. The frame number, stamped into the bottom bracket is WH600K810. The bike has chrome fork bottoms and an oil point on the bottom bracket. Beneath the orange paint it looks like the original colour was bronze. Here's the golden nugget though, the bottom bracket is stamped with '25 Barmby Ave, York'. Can anyone therefore identify the original owner. Any assistance is appreciated.

15510515_o.jpeg

7355111f_o.jpeg

49fbf13b_o.jpeg

336a060e_o.jpeg

648a66ae_o.jpeg

879b80b8_o.jpeg

8c161b35_o.jpeg

Imagine if the original owner of the bike still lives at that address! Wonder what he'd think of his old bike after all these years.

Re:

I've used 'The Force' in other words good old google to find the telephone number of someone on the same street. They intend to pass my details to occupants of number 25 but they think they have only recently moved in so might prove fruitless. Somebody obviously thought a lot of the bike to have it stamped with their address. Thought it might have been an earlier or higher specc'ed bike, having the grease nipple on the bottom bracket, but not sip pointed with age given the £40 purchase price.

Back