Unknown vintage bike

Mightybush

Retro Newbie
Hi guys,
I bought these bike for a restoration project last week,
The person who sold them to me ($40) couldn't tell me a thing about them, manufacture date neither the brand... I could not find the brand name on it and the only readable part is the Russian writing "Bella"
Dose anyone can provide me with more info?
Brand, model, year and value?
Thanks,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 628
Interesting bike developed for the Russian Space Programme in the 1960s - its ability to ride upside down was its major feature. The Americans sought a design for a similar bike and spies were used to infiltrate the Russian base to steal there 'Upsidedownacycle' as it was termed. Following years of development and spiralling costs, the Russians gave up on the venture after realising that the bike would not fit through the hatch of their spacecraft. Oh, and then the government found out that the scientists had conned them with the cunning use of magnets.

Other than that - some more pics would be great.

Welcome to the crazy world of RB!!!

Richard

Re:

Thanks guys, I'll take a better picture and posted. This time I'll even make an effort to post it right side up:)

Ok, so here are some new pics.
thanks again!

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 547
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 547
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 546
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 547
Re:

Looks like Eastern European about 1970, imitation British style, surprisingly it has 32 x 40 spoking, which was a british standard. Any manufacturers names on the parts, like the hubs?
Keith

Latest posts

Back