Not so retro question 2011 cube attempt.

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hey, I hope it's ok for me to post in this section? I'm a long time mountain biker but find myself riding more on the roads. Right my question is, my friend has a 2011 Cube Attempt for sale and he wants £300 for it, since he bought it it's only been rode 2 of the 3 years. Are these a good bike for a beginner, I believe it is spec'd with shimano 105 is that good? As you can probably guess I'm pretty clueless! Haha. Any help would be spot on. Cheers Rob

A lightly-ridden, 3 year old £1000 bike for £300...sounds like a tidy deal to me. 105 is an excellent groupset - lightish and very durable. There are plenty of pros in lesser teams racing on it on the continent.

Thanks for the reply dude, I was looking at cannondale badboys but when I heard of this bike I thought it would fit the bill no bother, I've not seen it in the metal yet as I need to save funds for it.

I have a cube attempt, I think it's the 2011 model, also. It's a really good bike, £300 sounds like a bargain. Re size, I'm 5'7 and have the 53cm.

53-55cm sounds about right. Compared to a MTB you'll feel very low, but you will get used to it. Flipping the stem for the first month or so helps. Make sure you can reach the drops comfortably though.

trxrincon":38xg0rd9 said:
Cool, thanks. How do you like it? I think I might go for it to be honest.

I really like it. The frame has a relaxed geometry,with a more upright postion. Mine has 40mm of spacers, so it would be quite easy to have the bars level, or even above the saddle.

Latest posts

Back