Maillard rear hub axle replacement

robv

Dirt Disciple
I need to replace the axle in an old (80s) Maillard rear hub. The original is bent and not completely straight.
Before ordering something that won't fit, I hope someone can tell me whether a standard axle will fit or that I will have to search for a Maillard one. I understand the bearings might not be interchangeable.
Spacing in the frame is 126 mm.

Any help is appreciated.

--Rob

I'm not sure what a standard one is?? I do know that campag of the day and DuraAce Ex were a different threads, which is a pity cos campag ones were so much stronger and never seemed to bend or break

Is it a hollow axle for a quick release skeweror a solid one? As they are all virtually the same the Pelissier, Atom and possibly Exceltoo axles should fit.

If you can find one.

I'll try and remember to look in the Shed of Dread tonight. I'm pretty sure I have one or two floating around, they have been used but they will be straight! Most likely to have hollow but there maybe a solid as well. Yours for the cost of postage.

Robbied196":yy42s2qg said:
I'll try and remember to look in the Shed of Dread tonight. I'm pretty sure I have one or two floating around, they have been used but they will be straight! Most likely to have hollow but there maybe a solid as well. Yours for the cost of postage.

Robbied: Thanks! I'm looking for a hollow one. Of course I'll pay postage!

--Rob

I had a bent axle on my rear Maillard hub, went to local bike shop and purchased
an hollow axle which was the same length, cost me £1.99p. Job done.

Back