New bike needed - upgrade advice !

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Evening all :)

My 1985 Raleigh Clubman is starting to show its age, need some new wheels and tyres so think it may be time for a upgrade :(

I want a bike purely for travelling as fast as possible, with the minimum effort - comfort is not an issue.

I am looking for a new road bike my budget is £150 - £200, I like the look of some of the aluminium giants, I want the old-ish look rather than the oversize tube look.

Any recommendations for my short list I have very little riding experience on bikes later than 1990.

Or would my money be better spent on a powdercoat and some new wheels ? :?: :?

If you want the best bike for the least amount of money then buy one that is currently out of fashion, and right now that would probably be aluminum. I have seen Campagnolo equipped Cannondales sell in the range you are considering. Any one of the big boys, Giant Specialized Trek, would be worth a gander...

lewisfoto":1xlp8cw3 said:
If you want the best bike for the least amount of money then buy one that is currently out of fashion, and right now that would probably be aluminum. I have seen Campagnolo equipped Cannondales sell in the range you are considering. Any one of the big boys, Giant Specialized Trek, would be worth a gander...

I have seen a few aluminium giants, OCR I think, and a Giant Peleton also.

I cant decide between a new set of wheel and a powdercoat or a newer bike :?

And aluminium does not rust

I still really like the team Once TCR though it may be out of budget. Also maybe a post Trek, Klein Stage or Quantum.

Latest posts

Back