Getting a Gazelle back on the road...

MrBen

Dirt Disciple
Picked up a lovely Gazelle Formula (Race I think) from the 'bay - mainly because it was a nice colour :) I think its very late 80's or early 90's.

I've been talked in to signing up for a charity ride in June so I need to get it back on the road asap! I've got the frame & forks, plus the bb & headset were left on when I bought it :) I need everything else!

Does anyone know what group set it would of had originally? Or what will fit now? Not overly bothered about getting it period correct - just look the part & working. Its got braze ons for the down tube for the shifters so I think that might limit what I can use.

Any advice appreciated. :)

Obligatory pics...

P1100855.jpg

P1100865.jpg

P1100854.jpg

P1100858.jpg

P1100871.jpg

The formula frames were mostly sold as news as as a frame set and not as a complete bike. But as well as Campagnolo as Shimano will do (and fit).

Thanks for the info and the link guys :)

Looks like it was a '89 bike as the catalogue after that the Formula looks to be made out of 531 not 501. Interesting stuff.

Have another question I'm afraid - The frame came with a bb already on the frame - is is designed for a particular make (i.e Shimano/Campag) or will anything fit?

Thanks!

P1100874.jpg

Back