trendy london type bike

jamabikes

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
take one late 80's gas pipe carrera, hack off all the cable stops/mech hangers. get frame medi blasted/zinc dipped/powder coated, polish everything, rebuild wheels with stainless spokes, re-dish and re space rear wheel (now dishless:cool:), add some new amber wall world tours and just like that all the young-uns at work like me.

4934534362_f68f865ed6_b.jpg

That looks nice

Not my sort of thing but it does look clean and simple, nice lines.
Maybe I'm turning hip................no, more like hipster dufus :roll:
was it a UK Carrera or a good well made Italian Carrera?
If its Italian, then you realise you have just shut the door to heaven and will now be headed south ;)
Hows it ride?

The one thing that did make me chuckle was, what looks like a match and a cigarette butt under the extingiushers :LOL:

Jamie

definately not an italian carrera! it was a good old fashioned halford carrera celeste from 1988.

rides quite well, very smooth. not my thing either really, just wanted to build one to see how easy it was.

Because you always saw track bikes with risers.

And dropouts.

And qrs.

And lamp bosses.

And...

You get the picture. Yes it's a pretty bike, but nobody who's ever seen an old track bike would find it reminiscent of one. Even if you got all the parts right the geometry would still look wrong.

When it comes down to it, only an old track bike looks like an old track bike. I had an old Carlton track bike about twenty years back, but due to financial constraints the wheels, bars, stem and cranks were too modern (eighties-ish) and even that didn't look like an old track bike. It still looked like a road bike trying to look like a track bike.

Latest posts

Back