Claud Butler Olympic Road seatpost size

RichS

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I have recently purchased a Claud Butler Olympic Road frame and forks from as far as I can gather 1969 or 1971. I've been having great fun over the last few weeks trying to track down various parts for it and it is now coming together nicely. However I am having trouble finding out the seatpost size. Even measuring it I cannot convince myself either way as the margins are so close. I bought a 27.2mm seatpost thinking that this would fit but it is too big and rather than blindly purchasing another one I thought I would enlist the help of the forum experts here in my quest not to waste any more money.

Does anyone happen to know the size of seatpost for this frame? The seemingly original sticker does seem to confirm it is Reynolds 531 plain gauge tubing.

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Richard

Hi, I've got a similar project going on and am fixing up an old Claud Butler. Beautiful bikes aren't they?! I'm not sure of the age, but I presume it's from around '70. I measured the seatpost and found out that 26.4 mm is my best bet. I'm thinking of ordering a 26.4 mm Brand-X Inline seatpost from Chainreactioncycles.

Hi,

Many thanks for posting. After much searching and much help from my LBS I can confirm that 26.4mm is the size for the frame I have. All fitted and looking good. I ended up with a Raleigh microadjust seatpost which although nothing extraordinary does the trick nicely.

Rich

Back