Titanium bikes of the '80s/'90s

Re: Re:

CC Rider":14bs5l2z said:
Thanks for the pm - unfortunately I'm too new to be able to respond that way :(
I don't want to break any forum rules having just joined! .... but would you be happy to provide an e-mail or alternative contact method?

done

Re:

I have a 19" Merlin Taiga Titanium bike/frame for sale. But before you get too excited, it has a crack on the top tube near the headset. If you are a welder or want to get it repaired, let me know if you'd like more info. Beautiful bike and feel and very responsive ride. Im in Gloucestershire, but can travel past (ish) Salisbury way on way to London. The parts on it are very worn, so effectively sold as frame +pace forks only, you can choose to keep or not the parts. Difficult to price, so may be best to auction. Others feel free to sugest waht you think is a fair market price. But I'm thinking wouldnt turn down £550.

Attachments

• merlin small file.png
    merlin small file.png
    436 KB · Views: 340
Re:

Thanks very much for getting in touch. I was actually after a road bike though and am pleased to say that I now have frame and forks waiting to be built up! :D
Good luck with your sale; unfortunately the crack will put a lot of people off - maybe it would be worth getting it repaired before you try selling it ..... ?

Re:

oh nice, good job, how much did you pay for yours if you dont mind me asking. I fugured best if the ppl get the crack repaired themself, then they will feel better about it being "done" imo.

Good point about the buyer repairing the crack 'themselves' and so feeling better about it.
Sorry, but I'd rather not be public about exactly what I paid. I spent a while looking on ebay etc. and reckoned that, considering my preferences, £300-£600 could get anything from a frame only to built up bike (road).

Back