ID of Reynolds 753 frame

dwscrimshaw

Retro Guru
Recently got this frame badged as a 753, looks like a time trial frame. Has been resprayed once already by Andy Palmer (API) and had front gear change lugs added since then. Was advertised as originally 1996 built by Tom Board, but have contacted Andy Palmer who suggested it was a Rondinella frame. I understand that Vic Evans (Rondinella) stopped building in late 80's so these dates don't match.

My intention is to clean it up and get it back on the road, but would like to get the original builder identified and badged correctly. I have the Reynolds decals sorted. There is not much to ID it, limited numbers, but it seems to have aero rear stays. Have added some pictures, first one shows letters BCM on BB which is who made the bracket. Bear frame as shown weighs 1.725Kg (forks 0.62Kg)

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/id-rey ... me.192095/

imag0509-jpg.111613

Re:

Do you have the numbers off the bottom bracket - they may identify it. If they start RO, then very likely to be a Vic Edwards Rondinella. If you can post a photo of the rear dropouts - particularly inside on the gearside, I'm familiar with the style Vic built in.

No real ID on the BB, just what is shown in attached pictures. Looks like 8 and an O with a third digit under the cable guide. Got BCM on top which I understand to be the lug manufacturer. It's lighter than my 531 frame of same size by roughly 100g. Haven't got the paint off to check joints, but the lugs added for front bear change were brazed on. Rear stays look Aero or triangular, thicker in middle than end which are round. I have attached pictures of rear logs and caliper mount.

Re:

ok, is this better?

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 843
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 843
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 843