Rigid fork legs in mag21 crown

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Forgive me if Im wrong but I vaguelly recollect seeing a company offering bolt on rigid fork legs that sat in mag21 crowns.

I only ask this as I scored a pair of Syncros forks that I need to run with a 1" steerer. Ive heard that it is possible to slot in the legs and run them as rigids.... :?

i vaguely remember a guy called Biff, from one of the mags a while back got a single speed made with mag crowns and steel legs from a shop in the Fulham area, which had a frame builder on the premises, but has sinced closed down....maybe a frame builder could sort you out a couple of legs.

Got the legs - was wondering if my Syncros fork legs would fit in the crown. I was just wondering whether the crown would be strong enough...

sorry , misunderstood, um.......give it a go???
wouldn't there be more sideways force with seperate telescopic legs?

would have thought it'd be ok. if you think about it it's going to be doing the same job under slightly less leverage (assuming the rigids are a bit shorter than the mag21's)

jez-2-many-bikes":169zmt04 said:
I only ask this as I scored a pair of Syncros forks that I need to run with a 1" steerer.

Check Auction Watch mate, there's a pair of Syncros 1"ers going on US Ebay with Int. shipping ;)

fuquay made a set of steel legs to fit mag21s. I had some on my 92 fat chance ti. pretty light & well finished. tho due to the lack of fork brace & suspension corrected fork length they made for a slightly spongy front brake.
I swapped them later for some mag21s that went on my friend carlos funk. which was last seen locked up outside some college in warwick as it was nicked by some thieving b'std! :evil:

Pretty sure the legs were made by Sonic Cycles, can't remember which shop they operated from but I think Biff hangs out on STW so may be worth asking the question there :D

Have you thought about asking one of the smaller builders to knock up a pair, someone like Robin Mather or Solitude Cycles?

Stu

Back