Raleigh titanium seatpost size?

Chris

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just building my new 97 raleigh ti up but now unsure of seatpost size :(

The seller told me it has a use shim to 27.2 but after inserting one it is obvious this is too small.

It looks like the shim is factory fitted and glued in (could of been bodged by someone as there appears to be some ally between the shim and frame :shock: ) but for what seatpost size?

Or alternatively the correct size without a shim?

Anyone able to help me out?

Chris.

I seem to remember the seller who sold me my raleigh Ti said it was a 30.0mm
im using a shim and a 27.2 post[seller crimped the top slightly so it doesnt fit a 30mm :roll: ]
Plus it arrived already fitted,so i dont know for sure.
I cant offer any more help,other than to say ,use one of the thermoplastic shims from USE ,no need to grease and zero possibility of the post seizing ;)

I have a 94 MTi 1000 and i used a caliper to measure 29.8mm but when i go t the 29.8 thomson post it was just undersized. I believe that it is indeed 30.0 good luck, i am using a shim to use a 27.2 but there are rumors of a syncros 30.0?????? :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: find it.

DOC

I remember 30.0 too, I think LOL well it was a straight .0 ending size which was unusual at that time.

I remember the Xlite ZE post being the only nice post I could find at that time to fit.

mti raleigh usa john tomac series

I have a MTI 1000 John Tomac Raleigh USA

It had a shim for a 28.6 seatpost.

I removed the shim and tried my ringle moby 31.6 but this seems to small...?!
Are there any bigger seatposts than 31.6?

Maybe better to put the shim back in.....

Anyone knows the size with no shim installed?

THANKS

Loads of sizes listed on www.BikePro.com, including 30.0mm and 31.8mm

The Syncros 330 post is made in Canada, and available in 26.0mm, 26.2mm, 26.4mm, 26.6mm, 26.8mm, 27.0mm, 27.2mm and 27.4mm It is also available in oversize dimensions - 28.0mm, 28.2mm, 28.4mm, 28.6mm, 29.2mm, 29.4mm, 29.6mm, 29.8mm, 30.0mm, 30.2mm, 30.4mm, 30.6mm, 30.8mm, 31.0mm, 31.2mm, 31.4mm, 31.6mm, and 31.8mm for $10 more. Made using Black anodized tubing with Silver clamp pieces.

while inquiring about my MTi1000 tomac design raleigh, a gentleman piped up on the forum who worked at Raleigh's special products division and he said that the shim was installed at the factory. i was threatening to remove mine but was glad i didn't when i learned that it was a factory piece. with the factory shim mine takes a 30.0 post. that is probably why your post size is coming up as TOO BIG. get that shim back in and buy a thomson in the right size. you can measure it with some calipers to get a exact measurement. hope this helps!

check out the link on my sig to my tomac. there you can read the advice and info i got on the post size

cheers

DOC

DocBraunson":38tojq1d said:
while inquiring about my MTi1000 tomac design raleigh, a gentleman piped up on the forum who worked at Raleigh's special products division and he said that the shim was installed at the factory. i was threatening to remove mine but was glad i didn't when i learned that it was a factory piece. with the factory shim mine takes a 30.0 post. that is probably why your post size is coming up as TOO BIG. get that shim back in and buy a thomson in the right size. you can measure it with some calipers to get a exact measurement. hope this helps!

check out the link on my sig to my tomac. there you can read the advice and info i got on the post size

cheers

DOC

AI!
Glad I did not throw away that shim!
It is battered a bit now but I am sure i can get it back in....
Should have asked before I took the hammer!

THANKS!

raleigh usa mti1000 titanium

Here is my Raleigh USA mti1000:

Does anyone know what year this one is?

1995?
1996?

THANKS!

Marcel

Back