Bit of help needed

xioly

Dirt Disciple
I'm trying to get some bits together, will a hyperdrive cassette and chain work with non hyperdrive chainrings?

Also, I need a front brake canti cable hanger, where the chuff am I going to find one of these on a Saturday at five past six...

Guy's, I'm a bit stunned, 63 people have read this and not a single answer, is there a reason? Is the answer staring me in the face? Have I done something wrong?

xioly":29ukkofi said:
I'm trying to get some bits together, will a hyperdrive cassette and chain work with non hyperdrive chainrings?

Don't see any problems with that, should work

I read the original post and thought someone else is bound to reply.

I've run HG cassettes & chain with all types of rings, so no prob's generally speaking.

Any luck with hanger? There's lots about. Kona type front hangers are an alternative.

Konaglider":2mo12koa said:
I read the original post and thought someone else is bound to reply.

I've run HG cassettes & chain with all types of rings, so no prob's generally speaking.

Any luck with hanger? There's lots about. Kona type front hangers are an alternative.

Not yet, I want one like this,http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50355 - actually, his headset would be rather nice too - Need to find one of these later today somehow.

I'm still toying with the idea of either having it (P7) re nickle plated or custom powder coated, how do I go about getting new decals?

Also, slightly OT. In 1997 my totally mint condition Explosif was stolen.

I've now been told who by. What, 12 years later can I do (apart from the obvious with a very big stick)?

I've got one of those on my Prestige along with an XTR headset but sorry you can't have it ;) Tall order finding one at such short notice :?

Re stolen Kona wouldn't have thought there's much you can do legally, you'll have to dream up some devilishly clever revenge to 'serve up cold'.

xioly":27on5sav said:
Guy's, I'm a bit stunned, 63 people have read this and not a single answer, is there a reason? Is the answer staring me in the face? Have I done something wrong?

63 people scared of getting the answer wrong :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I've run non hyperdrive chainrings with HG cassettes and chains on many bikes, in various combinations over the years without any real issues.
The only thing I've really noticed is that front shifting might not be as crisp and precise compared with a full Hyperdrive set of chainrings.
All those ramps and shifting pins on shimano rings do make a real difference to chainring shifting performance.
It's just a shame that the aluminium they use is so soft.

Back