• Geared (modern 27 speed)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Singlespeed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

barry2017

Old School Grand Master
Hello all

This is going to offend the purists, but here goes.
I'm getting this new Dynatech, and concerned that I'm just becoming too reactionary in my dismissal of all modern cycling equipment.
I can get an amazing deal on a complete, brand new 9 speed group, but singlespeed is what I originally had in mind. So what do you think?

If no gears was any good. Then all others wheeled transport would do the same :? But cars have 6 or 7 speed gear box, trucks 15. the future is gears.
Plus it's gears that made Shimano the big 'cog' that they are. hypergilde and changing under presure.

i too believe that gears are "better" (are there any world class xc racers racing singlespeed?) but as a recent convert i have voted singlespeed. its what you wanted to do with it and well, its just "better"

i guess really it depends on what you want to do on it. all day epic battles with the countryside and i'd go for gears

Gears are for girls or the unfit!!

Al, just putting his 2x9 away! :oops:

1x9 would be better
.Lose a bit of weight,have a cleaner crank area and get to actually 'cycle' up the hills instead of pushing it up.

No doubt the ones amongst us with thighs like russian speed skaters will disagree
Why pedal up a hill straining at the pedals to go up at walking pace when you can just walk up

And lets not forget "singlespeed knee" ;)

Singlespeed for me.

It's lighter and less complicated. Ideal for use in wet, muddy conditions (in other words most of the year round here in the UK :LOL: ).

Oh yes, it's cheaper too so you can save more money for that special build. ;)

Latest posts

Back