anyone with a 17" 97 kona explosif...

meeeee

Retro Newbie
could you measure the seat tube length for me please?

I'm selling one and 99% certain its a 17" but just need to double check as i dont want to send the wrong size and have to get it posted back!!!

just measure the seattube the easiest way you can (centre BB to top of top tube or something) and post size + where you measured it from!

Or if people post up 16" and 18" sizes and i can eliminate them..

Thanks

The seat tube length is 17" from the center of the BB to the top of the seat tube. Post a picture of it from the side and there are several of us who can confirm the size for you.

cheers i'll check that measurement later!

Actually thats what the guy buying it asked for, but as it wasnt a recognised measurement on the kona catalogue i didnt know if it would be 17 or not!! :oops:

I was looking at a 17" 1997 Explosif not 5 days ago, so they certainly made them if that's what you mean (you may also be referring to the geometry chart.) It's actually too small for the owner, so there's a good chance it will come up for sale in here at some point.

I was looking at a 17" 1997 Explosif not 5 days ago, so they certainly made them if that's what you mean (you may also be referring to the geometry chart.) It's actually too small for the owner, so there's a good chance it will come up for sale in here at some point.

turns out my previous measurements of top tube and standover height must have been wrong as mid BB to top of top tube is 18" so its an 18" frame...

at least i think it is... Hard to measure mid point of BB, but from top of shell it was a fraction under 17.25" to top of top tube with collar removed, and BB shell looked to be just over 1.5" in diam. So... half 1.5 + 17.25 = 18" !!!

That Explosif is visually a size 18. The ones below are 17s - you can see that the angle of the seat stays is slightly shallower than the down tube, whereas on an 18 they are pretty much parallel.

Attachments

• 98 Explosif and calf.jpg
    98 Explosif and calf.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 913
  • 1997 Explosif size 17 w black P2s.jpg
    1997 Explosif size 17 w black P2s.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 913

Latest posts

Back