Parkpre model type required

lizardman

Retro Newbie
Who can help me figuring out the model type of my alu Parkpre beauty bought in 1996. It's a plain aluminium frame with Parkpre in yellow with a red border. Is it coded in the serial number perhaps? Thanks for any hints. cheers

Attachments

• parkpre.JPG
    parkpre.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 928
  • parkpre1.jpg
    parkpre1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 927
Hello, here I am :D been a bit busy off-line. Pictures would help, it could be a more common Al-U-Max or really rare Pro Image. As my Parkpre partner in crime Easy Rider said does it still have the tubeset sticker on the seat tube?

thanks for getting back guys! :) I attached two pics and yes it says 7005 series and Easton.... not sure if it's a 7005 series or the Easton series :? after checking the bikes on REKIborter's page (great research!) I believe that it's a more common Al-U-Max. Am I correct that all Au-U-Max's are 7005 series? And if yes what would be the manufacture year? thanks again!

That looks lovely, you could polish it up, Rekiborter will have some tips. I don't think it is a Pro Image as it's not Easton Elite, but Easton 7005, so more than likely an Al-u-max, still a very nice bike. Reki will confirm i'm sure ;)

Al-U-Max for sure, 95 or 96ish. Regarding polishing the frame, remove the old lacquer with Nitromors, then polish out any deep scratches with T-cut or similar then bring the whole frame to a high shine with Autosol metal polish. Use a high quality car polish to protect your hard work. Get Gil_m to do a lovely set of decals (he has done a few Parkpre ones already all you have to do is decide the colours you want) and hey presto another Porkpie on RB. :cool:

Back