No Country For Old Men....

neilll

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Someone lent me something modern last night.....it was from 1996 and had suspension at the back :shock:

It also had some new fangled invention called RapidFire to change the gears :shock:

"How the **** do these work?" I shouted......I was met with laughter from the woods :oops:

Gimme back my thumbies!!!!!....I like the old world :?

:oops: :oops:

Confused from Northants

neilll":itd3ufm9 said:
"How the f**k do these work?" I shouted......I was met with laughter from the woods :oops:

So they didn't know how they worked either :LOL: :LOL:

Keep it retro :cool:

The usual MO is:
1. Approaching a climb/descent, decide to change gear.
2. Press one or other of the buttons.
3. Realise the gears have changed in the wrong sense.
4. Press the other button (twice) to recover.
5. Chain falls off.
6. Rider falls off.

Sound about right?

I thought from the title this thread would be an allusion to LGF's latest avatar - "What's the most you've ever lost on a pancake toss?" - genius.

Gears are a recipe for disaster anyway, keep it luddite by not even attempting to change (rear mech + chain tensioner, front mech = chain guide).

Or go the whole way with ss specific and persuade yourself (but not others) that your fear of all things gear related makes you part of a super cool niche (when it doesn't and never did).

I built a bike with the Gripshift thingummies. Keep ahving to think what way to turn the shifter and it threw the chain this morning. Back to SS for that bike!

There is pictorial evidence that I only require a large front ring and anything on the back to go uphill

ededwards":7l3h2os6 said:
Or go the whole way with ss specific and persuade yourself (but not others) that your fear of all things gear related makes you part of a super cool niche (when it doesn't and never did).

I've got one in the oven now (so to speak) :cool:
No Britneys, no suspension...plain, simple and rigid :)

The weight saving (initially on the bike and later from around the waist) from going singlespeed is impressive. :D

singlespeeds arnt cool :shock:

dang , ill have to stop feeling smug when i see all the people never out on their bikes on my daily rides :(

for every self righteous singlespeed rider theres another stood pulling their bend chain from between the granny ring and bb shell

hamster":1w7958xi said:
The weight saving (initially on the bike and later from around the waist) from going singlespeed is impressive. :D

I am living proof that your theory is flawed :LOL:

Latest posts

Back