Biopace Rings.

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hope this isn't a stupid question :oops:

I've got a '90 LX crank set with Biopace rings. Can I replace them with normal ones? If so, what should I look out for?

If not, does anyone want swapsies as I never got on with Biopace. :roll:

Rings

Hi Brocklander
I will have a dig round the shed when I get in and see what I can find as I would be up for swapping your Biopace.
What condition are they in?

Cheers
Jamie

Hello Jamie.

They're in pretty good nick but the middle ring needs replacing. Have not been used since '94 as I bought a whole new crank set ('93 LX) instead of replace the middle ring. :oops:

I'd be up for swapping them for something from the early '90's (they're going on a '92 Prestige so anything up to about '94 I guess) in similar condition. If you find a crank set suitable then let me know and we can exchange pictures. ;)

Just a question about the polishing of crank arms, what do people do when they have polished them, keep them polished, or laquer them with the ''odds and ends'' clear spray laquer ?

I polished mine, but around here the air is salty, so I laquered them, and now they look like they were before I polished them, am wondering to get the thinners out and strip them back again.

silverclaws":19iryj30 said:
Just a question about the polishing of crank arms, what do people do when they have polished them, keep them polished, or laquer them with the ''odds and ends'' clear spray laquer ?

I polished mine, but around here the air is salty, so I laquered them, and now they look like they were before I polished them, am wondering to get the thinners out and strip them back again.

if the air is salty you need to do this...........

polish.....ride.....polish......ride......polish.....................you get the idea!!

Hmmm, Pantene hair shampoo has silicon in it, that's it then, I won't use that on my hair, seeing as it has taken years to grow to the good length it is, mid back length. Yeah I have long hair and I wear purple when riding my bike. Not only purple, but Asian patchwork Kirta shirts.

......Well, I do live in Devon, where anyone can get away with anything and I like to be different.

But as to polishing things, I find '' Astonish Grime Blast '', good, as it polishes and sort of leaves a seal behind, also '' Goddards silver polish '' it too leaves a seal behind.

keep using the pantene

at least you wont need to polish your hair after every ride in the salty air ;)

Back