Proflex Returns

Sweet - I craved a ProFlex BITD.

In fact, on my local trails there is a section that we christened "ProFlex alley" as it was so bumpy it made us all crave a full-susser! Holy crap, that's 10 years ago now!

I've seen a few pics of the new proflex bikes, I did not see them as particularly different than a whole lot of others.

Is it just badge engineering of some other builders bikes or are they genuine new proflex ?

Weon":qifi96g1 said:
Sweet - I craved a ProFlex BITD.

In fact, on my local trails there is a section that we christened "ProFlex alley" as it was so bumpy it made us all crave a full-susser! Holy crap, that's 10 years ago now!

you didnt miss much

correct me if I'm wrong but the new Proflex is nothing to do with the old one, but a Spanish company that bought the name. Decent bikes, no doubt, but nothing to do with the old stuff.

scant":1bzoh777 said:
you didnt miss much

Well that's one illusion shattered into a million pieces!

Next thing you'll be telling me there's no Santa Claus...

Don't listen to scant on this one, proflex were and still are, good bikes and for there time- ahead of the game. If you compare them to a lot of new rigs on the market then they do show there age, but that argument can be leveled at alot of retro steads.

Get a go on one and decide for yourself ;)

Having said that, my experiance on them is the latter 1996 1997 bikes so I cannot comment on the early proflex range- mind you if looks are anything to go by a red 986 with vectors is the mutts nuts :cool:

Back