Manufacturing Specifications

silverclaws

Senior Retro Guru
As I sit here and try to cast my mind back to the spec of my old Saracen, I was wondering if the Manufactures still held data for the specifications of their older marques. Like what bits they put on them, does anyone know if Saracen does have these old specs or for that matter, has any bike maker kept this information ?

Then the thought was here, this site are there any here, if not, would it be useful to others if these specs could be found and posted for all to see, use or use to modify.

At the moment I am scouring fleabay looking for a chainset with 48/38/28 rings, that I remember I had fitted to my bike, though on mine, the rings were those Pace mud squeezer things. The cranks were Shimano, but what they were I have not seen anything like yet, but the rest of the bike was M735 XT.

Scary though, I have just seen a rear mech on there that looks very much like one I car booted years ago, it's description describes something I remember doing to it, I am half tempted to ask if on the rear there is an unusual identifying mark, I might bid on it for the fun of it, besides I need one.

Back