How to identify Rock Shox mag forks

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I have a set of these on the way with a bike, they are missing the lower leg stickers, so how do I inedntify which model they are? They have the gold legs, but presumably could be Mag10, Mag20, Mag21, or Mag30?

Any help would be appreciated.

Right here we go...

Oldest forks present the biggest id problem, Mag series have a stylized M with the word Magnesium set below on the same decal, outward differences between model years are subtle in the mag series. Decals, other than sometimes id the series and frequently the model, are only marginally useful, both braces and froks ends are better for dating

Notes

Fork ends : Note single or duel sided safety tabs, 1995 marks the transition to the single sided side

Braces: not single or triple brake spring holes. Single hole marks 1994 and later models

1992 - Mag20/30 = Sharp ended shoulder crown, Knurled adjuster, gold, duel sided saftey ends lower legs, Brace is black without relector hole

1993- Mag10/21 = Scalloped shoulder crown, knurled adjuster, Gold dual lower legs duel sided, Black double relector brace

1994 - Mag10/21 = offset crown, Aluminum star adjuster, Gold, duel sided saftey lower legs, Black single reflector hole brace

1994 Mag21sl/21slti = Offset titanium bolts (ti), Aluminum star adjuster,SL has grennish gold duel sided lower legs, SLTI has translucent gold. both have black single relector hole brace

1995 mag21 = offset crown, star adjuster, Gold single sided saftey ends lower legs, Gold single reflector hole brace

1996/97 Mag21 = Offset crown, start adjuster, Chamagne single sided safety ends lower legs, Black single reflector hole brace

Thats all I can think of the top of my head at the moment :LOL:

Latest posts

Back