Rock shox mag series.

Skeeter1

Kona Fan
Hi All...
I recently purchased some Mag 21s (I think) for a dirt cheap price with the idea to refurbish.
Upon inspection the sanctions are silver,but pretty sure my mag 21s I had years ago had a light bronze colour on the sanctions ??
Does this mean the aren't really mag 21s... although they do look official.
Also can anyone suggest a good seal supplier as they have lost all air (which I knew about (and when I try to charge them with air I get leakage from the air fill hole and oil discharge.
Any advice I'd appreciate, and if all else fails they are just nice to look at ☺️ PXL_20230318_091931277.jpg PXL_20230318_091945864.jpg

They're 1996+ version of the MAG21.
It has the new nickelite colour of the Judy fork.

Bronze stanchions would be the 1994 model, and had Alu stanchions and golden lowers with a black brace.

Seals I can do them, prefer to pop them in for you but may be able to post some out.
But search the forum for DIY version do the seal if you want to make them yourself.

Or SRP sell a quite expensive version that is pop in and go.

A quick oils service is easy to do, but pout a bit out if it's not too bad stick it back in and check the oil height. Manuals and detailed setup is in the Archive

They're 1996+ version of the MAG21.
It has the new nickelite colour of the Judy fork.

Bronze stanchions would be the 1994 model, and had Alu stanchions and golden lowers with a black brace.

Seals I can do them, prefer to pop them in for you but may be able to post some out.
But search the forum for DIY version do the seal if you want to make them yourself.

A quick oils service is easy to do, but pout a bit out if it's not too bad stick it back in and check the oil height. Manuals and detailed setup is in the Archive
Thanks so much for the information...you sound like you know your stuff!
Whilst we are on the subject...do you know if there are spare parts available so I can convert these to lockout like the Paris Roubaix forks did?
If I were to send these to you,what's the price you charge?
I'm thinking of respraying them if I can find a match and re fit new decals from Gill.

Kind regards

Turn the dial and they should be near enough lockout, though I forget if that differs or not.
Service no idea, what's a going rate?

:LOL: But they come with that special needle.

If you have not ordered from us before use code "first" at checkout to save 10%.

If you need brakes bosses have those as well.

Back