Any idea what this is guys?

mcspamhammer

Dirt Disciple
This has been lurking in my shed for a number of years now and has been used by the wife and kids as a bit of a hack bike. I've thought about restoring it as a bit of a project but have no idea what it actually is. The frame is a mix of lugged and brazed tubes which is very light. The parts fitted were anything I had lying around to keep it going. Clues anyone?

Pic031.jpg

Pic032.jpg

Pic033.jpg

Pic034.jpg

Pic035.jpg

Pic036.jpg

Pic037.jpg

Pic039.jpg

Something that nicely made is worth restoring, whether conclusivly ID'd or otherwise.

any visible serial number on it? rear dropouts vertical or horizontal/semi sloping? 1" or 1-1/8" head tube?

It kind of reminds me of something Japanese made 84-86 range.

Can't see any numbers on the frame though it had been resprayed before I got it. The dropouts are vertical and it has a 1" threaded steerer. I'll get a couple more pics done today (bigger ones)

Im thinking its possibly not a UK frame, the slot in the seat tube faces the rear, most custom frames I have seen from UK builders tend to face the slot forwards to keep it out of the way from the mud we are blessed with on this isle of ours. (you can see -I think an example of this on the overbury above, and my roberts is the same.)

I've just finished stripping it down and have uncovered a number on the B/B 2278. Smallest serial number I've ever seen. It's steel and looks like it was originally a metallic purple.

Back