dangerous onza Ho servicing mistake !!!

magicmistertea

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
right i just thought id let you guys know how Not to service onza ho pedals, :LOL:
id just stripped one of my sets of hos down to clean and service them... i put them back together and went out for a quick ride...... i clipped in fine went to the end of the road over the cattlegrid aand then tried to stop before i hit the main road.... i couldnt clip out !!! :? i managed to wrench one foot out to stop myself falling, then i had to leave my other shoe on the bloody pedal !! :evil: i couldnt work out why ? wirth much force i managed to get it free.
when i got home i worked out why.... i looked at my other set of pedals and i installed the cleat clip "thingymajigs" backwards !!!!
please dont be as stupid as me and make sure you fit them the right way round ;) :LOL:
seriously thou it was bloody dangerous !! :LOL: ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2738.JPG
    IMG_2738.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,055
  • IMG_2739.JPG
    IMG_2739.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,055
On a similar " bolting gate after horse has bolted " theme I'd always recommend leaning against your front door/garden gate etc. to test unclipping.
I was ( mis ) leading a club ride recently and found my cleats were knackered and locked to the pedals a mile from home; que hilarious sweaty sprint back home to get spare shoes.

Good way to practice track stands though. The very first time I used clips and straps with proper cleats, (can I be that old?) I cruised up to some traffic lights (red) stopped, wobbled frantically whilst trying to yank my left foot out. Got it out just as the lights turned green and crashed over to the right.
As I lay in the road feebly kicking at the wreckage with horns blaring at me laughing my tits off still stuck in the damn thing, a little old lady thought I was having a heart attack and started to do CPR on me.

How we all laughed!!

Iwasgoodonce":2tnj1hj3 said:
Agency_Scum":2tnj1hj3 said:
[ backing away quietly ]You're still affected by that aren't you?[ / backing away quietly ] :LOL:

Not at all, what's your gran like?

:D :D :D

I 'unclipped' once to find the cleat still attatched to the SPD and a hole in my shoe where the cleat should have been....

I was riding down The Strand, London with just toe clips years ago and managed to fall straight on my side at pedestrian lights :oops:

I did that 'carry on as though nothing had happened' thing, must have been funny to have seen though :D

on more then one occasion I have had one of the 2 screws that hold the cleat to the shoe come loose. leaving me pivoting around the one remaining attached screw whilst still clipped to the pedal....Loctite is a must!

JeRkY":1ekgputa said:
on more then one occasion I have had one of the 2 screws that hold the cleat to the shoe come loose. leaving me pivoting around the one remaining attached screw whilst still clipped to the pedal....Loctite is a must!

Glad it's not just me! Wondered why it was increasingly difficult to unclip at junctions when cycling through town. Then it became impossible and so I just keeled over because I couldn't put my foot down! Note to self - must learn to tighten bolts properly!

Back