Retro Kit

Scrat

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Everyone has Bling Retro Gear, right
Who has the Retro Wear to match?
Old helmets, shoes, shirts, sunglasses etc.
Anyone?

I retired my shimano SPD shoes after 12 years active service. They had more holes in them than I really needed, it was the kindest thing to do.

I still have my original Camelbak cover, Yeti jersey, Specialized Sub 6 Pro (and an Air Force that it replaced), Oakley Sub Zeros, couple of T shirts.

My Frogskins made it thousands of miles with me on my travels, only for me to sit on them with 10 minutes of getting him (clear frame, purple iridium - of course)

I still use my Bell 'The Pump' Razor helmet on a daily basis, that I got (IIRC) in 94.

I retired my Shimano M110 shoes last summer, after 15 years of faithful service. Sadly, they started to split plus the cleats were too worn to remove :(

I still wear some of my old Pro-Circuit race kit, especially the winter jacket......its bloody good quality :cool:

dscn2039_136.jpg

- Pair of Original Nike Pooh-Bah's
- Original Oakley Mumbos with various lenses
- Original Animal W001 Watch
- Various Original Pace and Kona Jerseys
- A Pair of very old MBUK socks

All my old school lycra is long since passed and that's not the sort of thing i'd buy used!

TBH I wouldn't ride in an old Helmet, even if i found a NOS one I liked, I wouldn't trust it. Come to think of it though, i'm pretty sure there is a dodgy purple Specialized helmet in my Parents loft, circa 1993 - I might have a rummage and see if it's there.

Original Camelbak and Halfbak
2 pairs of Specialized Ground Control shoes (one too small)
S-works Team bib shorts and jersey
Sub 6 pro helmet (too small)
Giro Hammerhead "All star" helmet
This stuff is doing well but wearing, everything else went in the bin as it had def' died

Nike Nguba shoes, still used occasionally. Got brand new pair of M110's ready for when I need them.
Trek goretex front, long sleeved fleece cycling top bought in San Francisco Oct '93 on sale for $25. Fantastic garment. Purple/green-ish.
Freestyle yellow goretex jacket bought direct from their Plymouth warehouse in about '93/'94 as a "2nd" for £50 when they were £150 in the shops. Very faded & not that waterproof now but still used for winter off-roading. Caro has a pink one nearly as old still in regular use.
Some Ritchey stars & stripes mitts bought in Prescott, Arizona mid '90's.
1998 new Frogskins in Texas tea/iridium. Need replacement lenses really. Nice big area of eye coverage.
Few old lycra tops - Shimano diagonal logo one, 2 purple Freewheel ones, early Spec team Stumpjumper one.

i remember seeing one of the Klein Scando friends in the full matching retro bike/outfit ,.. Klein Storm if i am right...

Short sleeve and long sleeve GT tops C. 1996, plus some very tired Lake shoes from the same era. I would probably still be wearing them if i could get the worn out cleats off! :)
Qranc gloves from 1998 and a couple of pairs of shorts from the same era.
Still got my pre-Sub 6 Spezialized (1992) lid somewhere at the old dears, oh and a Giro Hammerhead SC, Circa 94! All very tasteful! :)

All my off-bike kit was so worn out it got binned...

Only retro clobber I have left is my old Diadora shoes - and that's cos I never found any shoes I liked better.

Back