onza pedals

robdem

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
before I buy, can anyone educate me on cleats?? will onzas take shimano or do I need onza specific cleats? if the latter, any ideas where I might try to source some?

many thanks..

robdem":73wvd6hm said:
before I buy, can anyone educate me on cleats?? will onzas take shimano or do I need onza specific cleats? if the latter, any ideas where I might try to source some?

many thanks..

yes , you need specific cleats , I think First flights have some or sometimes on ebay .

mtbfix":1vf02tig said:
And when the rubber springs get really cold the pedals sieze up. Avoid IMO.

never had that myself,.i have used them for a long long time,..

mtbfix":2kl8e2cu said:
And when the rubber springs get really cold the pedals sieze up. Avoid IMO.

ive never had this problem either, ive used them since they first came out about in 93 ish ?
they mkight get a little "stiffer" to clip in to in Extreme cold conditions, but just use the softer rubber. they deffo do Not "seize" up.
they do take specific cleats....... first flight do have them for sale but there is a minimum order amount,
scan e-bay they do come up from time to time.
if you need any spare rubbers for them pm me ive got loads.
p.s.... i love onza ho pedals, i think theya re the ultimate retro pedal and look super :cool:
cheers :)

ive got three sets :LOL:

2 sets of ti axles
1 set of steel axles

and the ti axle ones seem to go for bargain prices !!! :)
i think its because the cleats are hard to get hold off,
well just get them from first flight or e-bay problem solved. ;)

In Onza catalog its said "SPD compatible". Yup, with Shimano cleats, you can step in and can't step out ;) .

But if you can do a little modification to Shimano cleats - they work almost flawlessly. If you are interested, drop me a PM, I'll give you details.

I use them in my modern MTB with hardest rubbers - black and they work fine without any issues.

Cheers
therapy

Latest posts

Back