Pace RC35 MXC + Hope question

Grimtech

Dirt Disciple
Pace RC35 MXC + Hope question.

I have the following componenets below, and there is definately something wrong or missing. the caliper does not sit against the inside of the drop out and I cannot for the life of me imagine how narrow the hub flanges will have to be for the left side spokes to clear the back of the caliper.
Any ideas?

thanks!

07112006009.jpg

07112006007.jpg

07112006003.jpg

07112006002.jpg

dose it make any difference if you turn the fork leg clamp the other way up?
maybe needs a special pace hub
do you have the wheel to fit if so try assembling it w/o the caliper then
place the caliper on the disc this may give you an idea of whats missing
it's possibly pre-is mounting and needs a specific wheel
try the guys at hope/pace they might be able to help.
mike

I have not tried switching the clamp around yet, but to me it looks like if I did, there would not be enough clearance for the rotor. It looks like it would rub the left fork leg.

I dont have any wheels for it yet, I need an old HOPE splined hub with the 5 arm spider and lock ring, and possibly the version that used the bonded on flanges on to a Ti body. Anyone got a spare one?

Thanks for your input!

:idea: Just had a thought. Wasn't there some big nut thing that clamped the two together. You then had to use a specific hub that had a shorter axle. Hope made a qr nut to finish the job off.
That said i think it may be for the later forks as those dropouts look wrong. :?

Grimtech
I've got a Hope Ti hub with five arm carrier and 155mm rotor, built onto an X317 Gunmetal rin with DT double butted spokes. I used it with exactly the same fork set up as you and I'm just trying to find a picture of it on the bike to provide a steer on fitment.
In the meantime, here are some pictures of the wheel, make me an offer if you're interested.

IMG_1213.jpg

What looks like corrosion is only a bit of muck as I've bought it out of extended retirement from the depths of the garage. Bearings also feel as new.
IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

Thanks a million people!

I am an idiot! I have a couple of the rear disc brake adaptors made by hope that used a torsion arm to the rear brake boss to fit a disc on the back of bikes without mounts.

I just dug them out and yep, P20 your exactly right! It uses a big nut/dropout bolt afiar to tie it all together!

I will investigate furthur into making a rear into a front.
I can use a Die to thread a rear skewer into a long front and see if I can make a QR nut.

Tranquility Base,
yes please! I would like the wheel. Are you after any parts (old or new) for your projects?

Back