Thoughts on the 19995/96 Litespeed Tellico

GoldenEraMTB

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Well...I might be able to pick one of these up cheap. I believe it's a tellico based on the 64 ti tubings, but perhaps I can get further confirmation on here: The seat tube seems to be tapered/ovalized.

Would this bike be a good pickup as far as retro titanium bikes go, and at what value?

The guy wants to trade it for one of my stumpjumpers; my stumpjumpers being in great condition, this litespeed being rough...but it seems to be free of cracks/dents- just the finish is rough and all decals missing except for a litespeed ti with the 6 and 4 on the seattube.

19995/96 thats not retro its from the future. :LOL: :LOL:
I think the seat tubes were ten sided rather than round

Litespeed

As long as its not cracked would say its a good trade Ti polishes up really well, decals being cheap to buy too. I would go for it!

lovely frame, i sold mine on here recently, really light and handle great, do watch out for the alloy incerts in the headtube and seat tube, if these come lose the frame could be wrecked, alot went back as warrenty.

:D

have had a 3/2.5 1997 ocoee from new. Love it!

The tellicos whilst light were supposed to be quite harsh for ti. There is a mba review around 1997 of that frame.

Still a great frame though :D

Thanks for the info, everyone. It's appreciated. I'll update if I move forward...hope there aren't any cracks...though it seems the alloy inserts were missing when I briefly checked it out. Will look further into it...maybe I'll report back with pics from this futuristic rig, p20 stated ;)

Back