riser bar on answer a tac

dapanico

Retro Guru
I want to buy this stem but i want to know if it is possible to use a riser bar.

the stem
3135229219_fe1207f09a_o.jpg

the riser bar
11383.jpg

How can i fit it into the clamp?
i'm worried to brake the aluminum clamp :oops:

A bit of force and handlebar scratches.

That's why they brought out flip front/bolt on fronts. Buy one of them instead. You would almost certainly need a Riser bar that is thin until the middle clamping bulge of the stem. Else you have no chance.

Also that bar looks like an over-sided one (31.8mm) and the stem will be for 25.4mm

FluffyChicken":13ailjxc said:

That's why they brought out flip front/bolt on fronts. Buy one of them instead. You would almost certainly need a Riser bar that is thin until the middle clamping bulge of the stem. Else you have no chance.

Also that bar looks like an over-sided one (31.8mm) and the stem will be for 25.4mm

so do you think the owner of this bike have run the risk of breaking the stem? isnt'it?

img0002dt7.jpg

can be done but its not easy and can ship paint of your stem too,I did it to a syncros stem with bonty crowbars and had to use two one pences,make sure the bulge on the bars is correct first though

dapanico":1ilrol5j said:
FluffyChicken":1ilrol5j said:

so do you think the owner of this bike have run the risk of breaking the stem? isnt'it?

img0002dt7.jpg

If he/she got them on they why would it break the stem, I said it could be done as it has been done. Just they you'll need force and possible damage to the paint.

But for the bar in the picture you posted it will not work.

Done it and undone it a few times.

Tips
1. Low rise bars only.
2. Bars with only a bulge in the middle - if the rise bit is bulged your in extra difficulty if not impossibility.
3. Bars with a shim are the easiest - think mk1 Answer Alumilites
4. Not oversize bars like those Deity's (doh).

Is it worth the effort? Probably not when stems are so cheap anyway... almost certainly better and less hassle to buy another.

monsterfatuk":ya13o3hd said:
can be done but its not easy and can ship paint of your stem too,I did it to a syncros stem with bonty crowbars and had to use two one pences,make sure the bulge on the bars is correct first though

Bontrager Crowbars as in the ones with a welded-in brace? Now that is asking for trouble! :shock:

:shock: got no welded in brace........................look still got cannock mud

Attachments

• Crow.jpg
    Crow.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,370
But why to use this beautiful and old stem for a rise bar ?
If you really want a rise bar, take another stem.
If you really want the ATAC, take a answer taperlite :roll: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back