Zero Components

Dr.Robotnik

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys,

Does anyone remember Zero Components from BITD? They made arguably the best BB for a while in the 90's.

I used to work for them for a couple of weeks when I was a lad and now would like to see some pictures of there parts if anyone has any.

Please post em up!

Cheers

Ed

Run by a guy called declan hicks was it not?. Lovely BB although it's sealed bearings where rather exposed which did cause some problems. They also made a fantastic set of QRs, some self extractor bolts and a few other bits and bobs. I always remember working in the shop when once or twice a month Matt from Zoobits would come round in the van and we would get to look at all the new bits, heaven...

I have a demo cut away BB somewhere (which I must find as I have promised it to someone on here). If I can find I post a photo or two!

Post up pictures guys! I can't wait to see them.

Declan Hicks was the owner and it was run out of an old forge in Cranleigh, Surrey. I remeber going to pick up and deliver some of those cut out BBs back in the day. Very cool stuff to just give away to shops for display. It was awesome fun for me a young work experience kid, razzing about back lanes in Declan's Saab 900 turbo delivering bits.

I have some Ti extractor bolts, T-shirts and a seat bolt to post up when I get some pictures.

Needless to say if anyone has any Zero stuff they'd part with, just give me a shout.

Hi,

I am still looking for a set of bearings for my Zero bb! They are an odd size, bit like me. :shock:

Al.

He also did the best stickers given away free at Bike Expo @ Ally Pally (with the ice rink races and Hans Rey riding over a triumph)

Way out of my league back then

And probably now!!

Zero BB....

Worst BB I ever owned. And the reason the BB shell on my Dave Yates bears the scars the paintwork hides. And the only reason there isn't a Royce BB in there now.

Sealing was appalling

Fit was excellent. But the "pin" holes used for fitting were not able to provide the torque required to remove it when it needed new bearings.

I had to cut and bash it out. Took the best part of an afternoon.

The bin fell over when I finally threw the damn thing in it.

I have one of those weenie bolts in my Lloyd.

I won it in a race many moons ago. Great idea but I've had to shim it out with electrical tape as the holes in the frame are much bigger.

Back