Bike part jewellery

NakedGav

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Did anybody else get caught up in this back in the mid 90's ?
I remember there being plenty of homemade stuff knocking about back then and no short supply of folk sporting bike chains around wrists and ankles. I even had an elaborate piece including silver and gold spoke nipples and a campag 12 sprocket, it was a good look combined with my blonde mohican - or so I thought at the time ! :shock: :shock: :shock:
My reminiscing was triggered having found this when I was having a clearout the other day, still can't remember how I mangled the mech that was the donor though. :?

Attachments

• XTR.jpg
    XTR.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,421
I still have a Sachs chain keyring made out of spare links from about 1992 (along with the Street Machine bottle opener from about 1989!)

Attachments

• sachskeyring.JPG
    sachskeyring.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,411
Sprockets around my neck, spokes made into bangales, chains made into belts, links of chains hanging of various piercings, spoke nipples in my Ears, once went out with spoke in my ear as well.

This photo show the style I was going for . . .

main.php

Mr. K":2o452oyi said:
I sported a bike chain bracelet. :oops:

Was it using an easy release fastening or was it the full hardcore properly joined all the way round ?

I did once have a spoke nipple earring in which I inserted a spoke at times, not practical for racing though !
I'm still using a short length of chain myself for a keyring. I wish I could find the bit I used to use though from a chain that jammed and cost me a race at cannock chase in my junior days. It somehow got twisted through 90 degrees for just 2 links and then back straight again - I finished the race in a running sprint to the line against a guy who'd snapped his chain !

there were few Ringlé Mojo har clips around, and cook bros did some ickle e-cranks as pendant and earring trinkets.
Can't not mention the holey skewer bottle opener though :cool:

Bling

Guy in my LBS has a Titanium Chain link in one ear & a 6mm allen bolt in the other! Actual bolt and Link not with a pin! Ouch!!!!!

Re: Bling

Wold Ranger":xvtntxcg said:
Guy in my LBS has a Titanium Chain link in one ear & a 6mm allen bolt in the other! Actual bolt and Link not with a pin!

FanTAStic......might try that myself - cheers for the idea.

Back