what was your SECOND mountain bike?

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
perhaps more can be told about a rider by knowing what his second bike was. Most of us had the necessary shit first mtb, the low end raeligh in 23" frame or similar. Once that was smashed up or found lacking we moved on.
So what was next?

My second was a 1991 GT karakoram. Saw a lot of action that bad boy. Still have it ready to rebuild one day...

1988 Saracen Trekker. Aquarius blue and two U Brakes. And crucially the correct size (18in) after the first bike being a 19.5in. Loved that bike.

1986 Cannondale SM600 (1987 model) in green. Just like this one.....

2850998648_465630fd2c.jpg

Not the actual bike which was stolen mid nineties, this is a recreation done earlier this year, only thing I changed was the saddle which was garbage to a super turbo as in the pic.

Si

1993 Rocky Mountain Blizzard.

I still have it, of course - I still have all my bikes... :cool:

A Saracen Kili Flyer in about 90-91 (It's a long time ago!). That must mean I kept my Muddy Fox Explorer for at least five years before I changed it. :shock:

Bickerton 'Mean Green' insurance replacememnt - very similar to an Orange.

200GS upgraded to XT!

Stolen.... :cry:

91/92 Saracen Tufftrax, Tange cromo metallic grey, full DX groupset and it got robbed after a couple of months :evil:

Only picture ive found of that bike is a snapshot of the handlebar in the corner of a picture i took on a DofE expidition :cry:

Back