what was your SECOND mountain bike?

The C-16R that's in my signature. Bought from stif with early Hope hubs and Pace MXCs (in fact had to wait ages for them to come in). It's never going to be sold. :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Totally standard Cannondale 3.0series SM400, royal blue with white splatter. Second hand £250 in 93 from Berkshire Cycles, someone had traded it in for a new BMX!
First day I had it both brake cables pulled out of their cantilever pinch bolts, I couldnt stop on a very steep downhill called "reservoir hill" which was in the grounds of a public school nearby. I hit a log at silly speeds and flung me miles.

Fitted flouro yellow Onza L bends, vetta SL saddle and Marin Lite handlebars, had it nicked and gave up on MTBs for a few years as had other distractions.

Trek 8900 1991?? Black with red and blue splatter, girvin flexstem and brahma bars :oops:

Got a hammering and the back end was bent before it was conveniently left locked somewhere where it would get "stolen".

Raleigh Ravine like this one.

I raced it, loved it, but eventually sold it to buy a Diamond Back Apex.

30294287__1225290128__1__1-137a23c7f44a4b8860ee8438efbc7799.__big__.jpg

Back