Let's see those working class heroes

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
You know what i mean. No bling, no ringle, no pauls, no grafton and no anodizing.

I want to see pics of those early 90s mid to high end bikes we probably all owned back in the day. Things like specialized stumpjumpers, orange prestiges, GT Avalanches. Nothing flash, just good, solid, affordable bikes. No razzamataz as stock ,they probably came with full DX or XT which probably worked quite well. That didn't stop it getting upgraded though ;)

Here's one to kick things off.

Wu's super clean 92 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp

stumpymm2_115.jpg

Reckon stuff like this could be the big thing for next year. Super clean builds of good solid bikes.

LeeDevelopment":3pux8yi2 said:
That's got Ringle on it though!! [/pedant] :p
Get back to stw :LOL:

good spot, tucked myself up good style there. hadn't notced the twisters, in the flesh or in the pics. DOH :oops:

OK. Try again.

Yo-Kris' Stumpjumper

CIMG2251.JPG

John":3av1wp4e said:
good spot, tucked myself up good style there. hadn't notced the twisters, in the flesh or in the pics. DOH :oops:

Or the even more obvious......the Ringle H20 bottle cage! Hehehehee

I think Stumpie may be getting a little too raffinée to be considered working class - but she's been my main ride since I bought her in '99, and the Mavic mech only cost me 10 euros. Mostly single speed for the last five years or so, she's getting gears now because I wanted thumbies, and thumbies need to be connected to something.

She's clean because she had a bath before the current round of revisions began, but she normally has a healthy coat of urban grime, and mud from my weekend sorties out into the Yvelines.

Attachments

• 19-11-08_1227.jpg
    19-11-08_1227.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,739
Afraid another Stumpjumper, hopefully RC30s are not considered bling....

Ridden in the Peaks, 'raced' at Hit the North and in the Malverns with not a whimper - if only all bikes were this reliable.

Attachments

• Stumped.jpg
    Stumped.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,722
Back